|Type: Project Communication
- Provide all of the information necessary for someone to fully
engage with TROSTing projects, whether to observe, experiment, test,
document, or participate in active development and customization of
the TROST framework.
1. Have the SourceForge site fully customized with all materials
1. Have sufficient information on TROST Pilot for interested parties
to find all information on the bootstrap and be engaged in the
spiraling to new levels.
pilot and TROST-related
2. Make an announcement and have a welcome kit.
3. Make the relationship to the TROST Dissertation clear,
especially over how that can impact schedule for TROST and the
ODMref 1.0 development.
TROST Engagement and Evaluation Info
P050401: TROST Announcement
- Conditions of Satisfaction:
- 1. Sufficient Material Posted on TROSTing, ODMA, and SourceForge
for people to be able to locate everything needed to follow or
review the TROSTing development.
2. A sufficient initial structure on how to find and use the
3. Materials usable in regularly referring others to the project.
4. Basic announcements posted where they are found by bloggers and
- TROST Announcement Materials
SourceForge Administration Options
SourceForge Developer Requirements
TROST SourceForge Administration SetupFront Porch of the Site At Preview Level
TROST How-to-Participate on SourceForge
TROST SourceForge Initial Content and Releases
Announcement of Status at the Bootstrap Level
|Assigned To: Dennis E. Hamilton
- Defined By: Dennis Hamilton (2005-04-11)
- Revised: 2005-06-20 to simplify
|Date Initiated: 2005-04-10
||Date Completed: 2005-06-20
1. Approach (2005-06-20)
- Have a summary description that can be used as the home-page or fact
sheet on TROST and what is happening with it.
- Have a simple announcement that the activity is commencing. Place
it on the SourceForge TROST project as well.
Make sure there is
something that people can look at. Discuss it on blogs. Continue
the announcement activity.
Make clear what will be next and when that will be available. The
engagement activity should be deepened enough to
be confident in when that will occur and how it will become visible before
making further announcements.
- Do not worry about the SourceForge CVS logistics until after working
that out for ActiveODMA and ODMref 1.0 work.
Items in green background are in-progress. Red text indicates
mini-milestones/deliverables that are overdue. This is being converted
into an ad hoc progression so that this part can continue as other
development activities and project requirements are addressed.
2005-04-11: Initiation -
Prepare this project folio as a place holder. Build the
initial job jar.
2005-04-12: Envision -
Establish the end state for the engagement materials. 2005-05-04:
This has been going on in parallel with development of initial
materials, such as contact information and announcements.
2005-04-13: Develop -
Provide a completion announcement and data sheet on the engagement
materials, how to be involved, the kind of assistance that is valuable,
etc. Indicate the activities that will be provided later.
Tie into rolling announcement deliverables.
2005-04-13: Stabilize- Clean
up the TROSTing site with regard to reporting, contact, and general
information on TROST and the TROST Pilot
2005-04-13: Have initial
/dev structure cleaned-up and ready for access by interested parties.
(There is probably no content yet.)
2005-04-14: Hook in enough
Project Information so that observers can track the project and also
anticipate what is next visible.
2005-04-14: Deploy - Create
announcement structure for letting people know what's here and also how
to engage. Support with a follow-up structure for maintaining
visibility and expanding engagement.
2005-04-15: Close - replace
with an operational structure or simply wait for introduction of further
2005-06-21: Make an Announcement at the TROST-discuss level.
- 1.00 2005-06-20-22:56 Declare Complete
- Simplify the engagement activity down to what it takes to allow pre-view
access as we work through the bootstrap. The other aspects of engagement
come later, and will be new mini-projects.
- 0.00 2005-04-11-11:50 create placeholder to morph
into the necessary material
- Incorporate job jar and use it to drive
the completion of essential items here, providing an initial skeleton for